The Civil Service Commission is a three-member board, appointed by the Mayor, with each member serving a six-year term.
The Commission meets in a public session and is responsible for the following:
- Conducting employee discipline hearings
- Creating and monitoring rules and policies for the city’s civil service
- Developing new job classifications and duty statements and abolishing obsolete ones
- Managing and maintaining civil service records
- Testing and certifying individuals in classified service
- Updating existing classifications